Fresh Cherry Chicken Salad
If you love summer harvest cherries as much as we do, you’re going to go crazy for our cherry chicken salad recipe. It’s as hearty as it is delicious!
A cherry pitter is a great little gadget to have when making this recipe—you’ll thank us later. Pitters are inexpensive and handy; otherwise, a small paring knife will work just fine. When using a knife, make four tiny incisions around the pit then gently remove the quarters using the tip of the knife.
We used a French feta in this dish because it’s milkier and softer, but if you prefer dry, crumbly cheese, Greek feta is the way to go. A creamy goat cheese would be a delicious option as well!
This post includes links to purchase items you’ll need from our affiliates.
Fresh Cherry Chicken Salad Recipe
- 20 cherries, pitted and halved or quartered
- 2 tsp granulated sugar
- 1 lime lime juice
- 3 cups baby arugula
- 1/2 English cucumber, cubed and skin-on
- 4 oz feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- 2 chicken breasts, grilled, sliced
- Place prepared cherries in a small mixing bowl. Add sugar and lime juice then stir to coat. Set aside to rest for 15 minutes.
- Remove cherries from bowl, reserving the liquid for dressing. Add cherries, arugula, cucumber, feta and almonds to a large salad bowl toss lightly then set aside.
- Add olive oil and salt to reserved dressing. Whisk until dressing comes together to form an emulsion. Pour dressing over salad and toss until combined.
- Place sliced grilled chicken (warm or cold) on top and serve immediately. This salad works great served on a platter with the chicken as the hero adorning the top. However, serving it in a salad bowl works great too.