If you love summer harvest cherries as much as we do, you’re going to go crazy for our cherry chicken salad recipe. It’s as hearty as it is delicious!
A cherry pitter is a great little gadget to have when making this recipe—you’ll thank us later. Pitters are inexpensive and handy; otherwise, a small paring knife will work just fine. When using a knife, make four tiny incisions around the pit then gently remove the quarters using the tip of the knife.
We used a French feta in this dish because it’s milkier and softer, but if you prefer dry, crumbly cheese, Greek feta is the way to go. A creamy goat cheese would be a delicious option as well!
This post includes links to purchase items you’ll need from our affiliates.
Fresh Cherry Chicken Salad Recipe
what you'll need
- 20 cherries pitted and halved or quartered
- 2 tsp granulated sugar
- 1 lime lime juice
- 3 cups baby arugula
- 1/2 English cucumber cubed and skin-on
- 4 oz feta cheese crumbled
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- 2 chicken breasts grilled, sliced
let's do it
- Place prepared cherries in a small mixing bowl. Add sugar and lime juice then stir to coat. Set aside to rest for 15 minutes.
- Remove cherries from bowl, reserving the liquid for dressing. Add cherries, arugula, cucumber, feta and almonds to a large salad bowl toss lightly then set aside.
- Add olive oil and salt to reserved dressing. Whisk until dressing comes together to form an emulsion. Pour dressing over salad and toss until combined.
- Place sliced grilled chicken (warm or cold) on top and serve immediately. This salad works great served on a platter with the chicken as the hero adorning the top. However, serving it in a salad bowl works great too.