It’s hard to believe that something that tastes so sinfully delicious is actually good for you! Our twice baked sweet potatoes are made with chipotle chili powder, chopped pecans and drizzled with maple syrup—it’s the perfect combination of sweet and savory!
This recipe requires hardly any prep time, and we love that you don’t have to break out the industrial mixer for this dish! Once the prepped sweet taters go in the oven, you can turn your attention to other things like spending quality time with the family!
Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes Recipe
what you'll need
- 4 medium sweet potatoes
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter at room temperature
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt plus more to taste
- 1/4 tsp chipotle chili powder
- 1/4 cup pecans chopped
- maple syrup for drizzling
let's do it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Scrub potatoes clean under cool running water then pat completely dry. Poke several holes in each potato using a fork. Place on a rimmed baking sheet and bake for about 1 hour (depending on size and thickness) until just tender.
- Using an oven mitt to hold the potatoes, cut off tops then use a spoon to carefully scoop out the insides into a bowl. Be sure to leave a ½" border intact along the sides and bottom of the potato skins for structure.
- Mash sweet potatoes in the bowl using a fork until nearly smooth then add softened butter, brown sugar, salt and chili powder. Stir until completely combined. Add salt and additional chili powder to taste. Spoon the entire amount of mashed sweet potatoes back into hollowed-out potato ‘boats,’ mounding the tops.
- Sprinkle top of potatoes with chopped pecans then return to oven for 25–30 minutes until filling is heated through and lightly brown on top. Serve nice and hot drizzled with maple syrup. Enjoy!