Bacon Macaroni and Cheese Bites VIDEO
Macaroni and cheese is an American family favorite, and serving it as bacon macaroni and cheese bites makes it perfect for cocktail parties or open houses.
You don’t need utensils, clean up is simple, and we promise there won’t be leftovers!
Bacon Macaroni and Cheese Bites Recipe
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter, divided
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs, seasoned or plain
- 2 cups elbow macaroni, uncooked
- 1 egg, beaten
- 4 strips bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard, optional
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups Monterey Jack cheese, shredded and divided
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 tsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease mini muffin tin generously with butter. Coat insides of mini muffin tin with breadcrumbs to help the bites hold their shape.
- Bring large pot of lightly salted water to a boil and add macaroni. Cook 4-5 minutes, just until softened but not cooked through. Remove from heat, drain and return to pot.
- Stir in remaining butter and egg until pasta is evenly coated. Mix in bacon, mustard, milk, salt and cheeses (reserving 1 cup Jack cheese) then spoon into muffin tin, press filling gently with fingers (to help the bites hold their shape). Top with reserved cheese.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until top is golden brown.
- Allow muffins to cool slightly before removing from pan. Garnish with fresh parsley and enjoy.