Grilled Cheese Rolls
You can use lavash or flatbread then load it with cheese! We used American in our grilled cheese rolls—it’s pliable and easy to roll! You’ll want to cook your rolls over a medium-low heat to melt the cheese in the center without burning the exterior.
Serve your grilled cheese rolls with tomato soup or your favorite dipping sauce—we like ketchup or buttermilk ranch, but we imagine a chipotle zesty dipping sauce or any variety of hot sauce would be delish, too!
grilled cheese rolls recipe
- 3 sheets rectangular lavash, or flat bread
- 1 lb American cheese, slices, or shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- Place one sheet of flatbread on work surface with the short side facing you. Cover surface of flatbread with American cheese slices or shredded cheese, leaving just a bit of space between the cheese and the edges of the bread.
- Roll the cheese up in the bread like a jellyroll then set aside with the seam facing down to prevent unraveling. Repeat with remaining flatbread.
- Place a large skillet over medium-low heat and give it some time to warm up. Brush the outside of each roll with melted butter then cut each one in half. Place as many rolls as will comfortably fit into the skillet seam side down.
- Allow the cheese near the seam to melt and seal the roll closed then turn until the roll is crispy and brown all the way around and cheese is melted. Repeat with any remaining rolls. Serve warm while the cheese is nice and gooey!