Whip up a batch of these easy cream cheese iced pumpkin cookies to share with family and friends. Best of all, your home will smell wonderful!
Our recipe has the perfect blend of pumpkin and spices such as cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves.
Pumpkin purée can easily be found in the baking section of your local grocery store. It only takes a few minutes to mix the ingredients and roll the dough into balls.
Bake them for 15 minutes and you’ve got cookies that taste almost like pumpkin cake!
Cool and frost with our homemade cream cheese icing.
They’re sure to melt in your mouth!
Cream Cheese Iced Pumpkin Cookies Recipe
what you'll need
- 1 stick unsalted butter room temperature
- 8 oz cream cheese room temperature
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 pinch salt
let's do it
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- To make the cookies, cream butter and sugar together in mixing bowl. Mix in pumpkin purée then stir in egg whites and vanilla.
- Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and salt in separate bowl.
- Thoroughly combine wet and dry ingredients until dough forms.
- Scoop heaping Tbsp of dough onto lightly sprayed baking sheet 2" apart.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes then cool completely.
- To make the icing, cream butter and cream cheese together until smooth. Mix in powdered sugar, vanilla, and salt.
- Spread cream cheese frosting over cooled pumpkin cookies.
- If you are giving these as a gift and are stacking the cookies in a box or bucket, use royal icing instead of the cream cheese icing.
One Last Thing