Grilled Romaine Salad
Salads can be exciting when you play around with flavors! A good approach when testing a new recipe is to combine the sweetness from fruit with the tangy and salty flavors of dressings and cheeses.
Our grilled romaine salad adds some smokiness from quickly grilling the lettuce. Now that is quite the salad! Tasty and unexpected is always a great combination.
Grilled Romaine Salad Recipe
Simple to make yet bursting with a bold, smoky flavor, this grilled romaine salad recipe will have your guests clamoring for the recipe.
Yield: 4 servings
- 2 heads Romaine lettuce
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt and cracked pepper, to taste
- 1 pomegranate pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, freshly shaved
- Caesar dressing
- Chop lettuce in half and brush with olive oil. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Grill cut side down for 1-2 minutes.
- Serve with pomegranate seeds, Parmesan cheese and dressing.
Try topping these delicious romaine heads with ranch dressing or even zesty chipotle sauce for an extra kick!
Calories: 281kcal, Carbohydrates: 21g, Protein: 8g, Fat: 19g, Saturated Fat: 4g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 6g, Monounsaturated Fat: 8g, Cholesterol: 8mg, Sodium: 355mg, Potassium: 787mg, Fiber: 9g, Sugar: 11g
Tried this recipe?Mention @EverydayDishes or tag #everydaydishes!