Soy-Marinated Flank Steak
All you need to make marinated flank steak is six ingredients and 20 minutes! Flank steak is one of the best steaks for grilling and it’s also one of the more affordable cuts of meat that you’ll find.
To cook the perfect flank steak, grill it over medium-high heat and just a few minutes per side. This steak is most tender when it’s cooked to medium. (Of course you can cook it longer if that’s what you prefer.)
Slice the steak thin and against the grain. Slicing with the grain will leave you with stringy, tough meat—nobody wants that!
The garlic and soy marinade is tasty and savory, but you can vary the flavor by mixing in some of your favorite herbs.
Soy-Marinated Flank Steak Recipe
Looking for an easy and fast-cooking meat that’s great for grilling? Try this marinated flank steak!
Yield: 6 -8 servings
- 1 1/2 lbs flank steak
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup oil
- 3 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp black pepper, or crushed red pepper
- Trim flank steak of excess fat and fibrous membrane and place in a gallon-sized resealable plastic bag. In a medium bowl, mix the garlic, oil, balsamic vinegar, soy sauce and pepper.
- Pour marinade over flank steak, remove as much air as possible from the bag and seal. Knead bag to ensure marinade is in contact with all surfaces of the meat. Place bag in a bowl or shallow dish to catch any drips and refrigerate for at least 6 hours and up to overnight.
- Preheat grill to medium-high and brush grate with oil. Remove flank steak from marinade and discard bag and excess marinade.
- Grill 5–6 minutes per side for medium, or until meat reaches desired doneness.
- Remove from grill, cover meat loosely with aluminum foil. Allow meat to rest for 5–10 minutes, then cut into thin slices against the grain and serve.
Lightly score the top and bottom of the flank steak to seal in the marinade and keep it from curling on the grill!
Calories: 278kcal, Carbohydrates: 3g, Protein: 24g, Fat: 19g, Saturated Fat: 5g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g, Monounsaturated Fat: 3g, Cholesterol: 46mg, Sodium: 674mg, Potassium: 39mg, Fiber: 0.2g, Sugar: 1g
Tried this recipe?Mention @EverydayDishes or tag #everydaydishes!