Make a delicious meal using store-bought pizza dough, guacamole and fresh veggies. This guacamole flatbread recipe is fresh, hearty and can easily be served as a main course or appetizer.
Purchasing pre-made pizza dough eliminates all the grunt work so you can get to the good part—enjoying the grub—fast! You will need to spend a little time carefully prepping the avocados, thinly slicing the onions and halving grape tomatoes—but that’s such a better trade than making your flatbread from scratch!
Enjoy some vino and go to your ‘zen’ place while slicing and dicing. Once you’ve prepared all the ingredients—put the flatbread in the oven and bake 20 minutes. Ooh la la! A delicious, garden-fresh slice of heaven awaits!
Guacamole Flatbread Recipe
what you'll need
- 1 lb pizza dough store-bought
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp kosher salt
let's do it
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees then lightly coat a baking sheet with non-stick spray. Roll out the pizza dough to about ¼" thick. Whatever shape results from the rolling of the dough will be just fine. Place the rolled out dough on the baking sheet then bake 15–20 minutes until the dough is golden brown and cooked all the way through.
- Remove the flatbread from the oven, brush it with extra virgin olive oil then sprinkle with a little kosher salt. Set flatbread aside to cool.
- While the flatbread cools, cut avocados open then remove the pits. Scoop out the avocado flesh and dice into cubes. Add the avocado to a medium mixing bowl, pour lime juice over the avocado then sprinkle with salt. Gently stir to combine and coat the avocado in the lime juice—this will prevent the avocado from turning brown.
- When the flatbread is cool, distribute avocado evenly across the top. Sprinkle thinly sliced red onion and cilantro leaves across the top of the avocado. Cut the grape tomatoes in half then place them in the open spaces.
- Sprinkle the surface of the flatbread with a light dusting of garlic salt—about ¼ tsp.
- Crack fresh black pepper on top, cut into slices then serve.
One Last Thing