Homemade Pecan Sandies
You won’t miss those grocery store cookies once you try our recipe for homemade pecan sandies! They’re a spot-on copycat of the pre-packaged versions and are made with real, words-you-can-actually-pronounce ingredients.
Sandies are typically made with pecans—and they’re delicious that way—but you could easily substitute another nut if you’re not crazy for them.
The dough comes together very easily once you add in the oil. So, there’s no need for a mega mixer—you could form the dough by hand with no problem at all.
One word of advice: Nuts contain a high amount of oil and are prone to going rancid. Be sure to check the freshness before you toss the pecans into your dough!
Pecan Sandies Recipe
Our wholesome and fresh homemade pecan sandies taste better than the ones you find in grocery stores!
Yield: 32 -36 cookies
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar, plus additional for sprinkling
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup pecans, finely-chopped
- In a large mixing bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, cream the butter, oil, granulated and powdered sugars together until nice and smooth. Add egg and vanilla and beat until completely incorporated, scraping down sides of bowl as necessary.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt into bowl and mix until just combined. Stir in pecans, then cover and refrigerate dough for 25–30 minutes. While the dough is resting, preheat oven to 375 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Scoop dough into 1" balls and place on prepared baking sheet at least 3" apart and press lightly until cookies are about ½" thick. Sprinkle top of each cookie with a light dusting of granulated sugar and bake 10–11 minutes or until tops of cookies change to a dry look.
- Remove from oven and cool completely on wire racks then enjoy!
Don’t like pecans? Try using almonds, hickory nuts or walnuts instead!
Calories: 135kcal, Carbohydrates: 13g, Protein: 1g, Fat: 9g, Saturated Fat: 2g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g, Monounsaturated Fat: 3g, Cholesterol: 14mg, Sodium: 72mg, Potassium: 28mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 7g
Tried this recipe?Mention @EverydayDishes or tag #everydaydishes!
The BEST Pecan Sandies! Easy and perfectly done! No changes to the recipe! Perfect!
Try adding Heath brickle bits (found by chocolate chips)