How to make owl cake pops
what you'll need
- 1 sheet chocolate cake baked, unfrosted
- 1 can dark chocolate frosting
- cake pop sticks
- 16 oz chocolate candy coating
- licorice for eyes
- pumpkin seeds for feathers
- candy corn tips for beaks
- twigs optional
let's do it
- Crumble baked sheet cake into large mixing bowl and add chocolate frosting to cake, knead until frosting and cake form dough-like consistency.
- Form dough into 1" balls and place on wax paper lined tray, freeze 30 minutes to an hour.
- Melt candy coating per package directions and insert candy stick into each cake ball.
- Dip cake ball into candy coating until completely covered and place on tray with the sticks facing sideways, allow coating to cool and harden.
- Use candy coating to apply candy eyes, beaks and seed feathers. Allow candy coating to cool and harden completely
- Remove candy stick and replace with twigs for a beautiful presentation.
One Last Thing
To really make my owl cake pops fly off the tray, I like to surround them with fall accents like decorative branches.
Calories: 275kcalCarbohydrates: 37gProtein: 4gFat: 14gSaturated Fat: 5gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 24mgSodium: 172mgPotassium: 148mgFiber: 1gSugar: 15g