How to Pan-Sear Chicken Video
Learning how to properly pan-sear chicken is a simple kitchen technique that can take your cooking skills to the next level. The best part is, everything you need to know can be gleaned from watching this 60-second tutorial.
Once you learn how to cook like a pro, make pan-seared chicken as a component to your favorite recipe or enjoy it on top of a bed of greens, like our microgreens salad with roasted chickpeas—it feels good to eat well!
How to Pan-Sear Chicken Instructions
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- Heat a large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper. When the pan is hot, add the oil. When the oil shimmers, add the breasts, being very careful not to splash oil.
- Reduce the heat to medium and let the chicken cook for 8–9 minutes. Do not move the chicken or it will ruin the nice crust that is forming. Flip the chicken and let it cook for another 8–9 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees. Larger breasts require longer cook times so be sure to check the temperature.
- Transfer chicken to a plate, tent with foil, and let rest for 5 minutes before serving.