What is einkorn flour?
Watch our video and find out.
It’s two days after Thanksgiving (or Christmas), and there’s still an oversized freezer bag of uneaten turkey staring at you every time you peek in the fridge. We say it’s time for a leftover turkey sandwich with Gouda cheese and cranberry sauce!
We recommend you pile the goods high on homemade Dutch oven einkorn bread, then go to town with your favorite accouterments. We selected Gouda because it’s nice and gooey when melted, plus the cranberry sauce is luscious and tangy.
Einkorn is helpful for those with gluten sensitivities or intolerances and not intended for those with celiac disease.
Leftover Turkey Sandwich with Gouda Cheese and Cranberry Sauce Recipe
what you'll need
- 1 can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1 orange
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 stick unsalted butter melted, 1/2 cup
- 12 slices einkorn whole wheat Dutch oven bread or bread of your choice
- 12 slices Gouda
- 1 lb deli turkey sliced
- 1 head Romaine lettuce
let's do it
- Empty the can of cranberry sauce into a medium bowl. Zest the orange using a microplane and add the zest to the sauce, along with the oil and thyme. Whisk well and set aside
- Heat a large skillet or griddle over medium-high heat. Brush butter on one side of each slice of bread. Place buttered side down in the hot skillet. Add a slice of Gouda to each piece of bread and cook until melted, being careful not to burn the bread.
- Place half the bread on a cutting board cheese side up. Spread each slice with cranberry sauce, add the turkey and a leaf of romaine, top with the second slice and cut. Enjoy!
One Last Thing