What is einkorn flour?
Watch our video and find out.
Enjoy this guilt-free pasta dish made with Einkorn rigatoni pasta. If you prefer to cook with all-purpose flour, try our original recipe for lemon basil pasta with chicken.
Lucky for us, einkorn pasta has a warm, nutty flavor—not cardboard-like or chewy in texture as you typically find in gluten-free pasta. With a healthy trifecta of pasta, chicken and veggies, you get all the food groups without any one item stealing the show.
This dish has a wonderful lemon flavor. Since the recipe calls for lemon zest in addition to the lemon juice, the lemony flavor is pronounced without making the dish sour. Even better, this recipe comes together so all of the ingredients are combined into a single pot, making cleanup super easy. Any time we can cook with just a one pan, we’re in!
Our recipe calls for einkorn rigatoni pasta, but any of your favorite pastas will do. We just had it handy in the test kitchen.
Einkorn is helpful for those with gluten sensitivities or intolerances and not intended for those with celiac disease.
Lemon Basil Chicken with Einkorn Pasta Recipe
what you'll need
let's do it
- Fill a large pot half-full of water then bring to a boil over high heat. While you wait for the water to boil, season chicken breasts on both sides with salt, pepper and dried basil. Set aside.
- When the water reaches a rolling boil, add a large pinch of salt then cook pasta according to directions—until it is tender but still firm. Roughly 2 minutes before the pasta is finished cooking, add broccoli florets to pot, allowing them to boil with the pasta for the remaining cook time and before draining everything in a colander. After draining, return the pasta and broccoli to the pot to keep warm.
- Place a skillet over medium heat then add the olive oil. When the oil is hot, add chicken breasts then allow to cook until golden brown on both sides and cooked all the way through—about 8–10 minutes depending on thickness. When the chicken breasts are cooked through, transfer them to a plate and set aside to cool slightly.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low then add garlic to the oil that remains in the skillet. Cook for about 1 minute to soften the garlic slightly. Remove the skillet from heat then add lemon zest and juice. Using a rubber spatula, scrape any bits that are stuck to the bottom of the pan then pour the sauce over the pasta and broccoli.
- Chop the slightly cooled chicken breasts into bite-sized chunks then add them to the pot—stirring gently to combine. Sprinkle the entire mixture with Parmesan cheese then stir gently once more to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper then serve immediately. Enjoy!