We’re always trying to achieve the perfect potato recipe, and this time, we have finally done it! Our savory Yukon Gold melting potatoes are easy to prepare and seasoned to perfection. We’re in love!
This recipe includes all the important little tidbits to achieve the golden brown ‘come and get me vibe’ from the outside and the buttery smooth texture on the inside. It starts with the seasonings and ends with the brilliant use of chicken broth.
Don’t count on leftovers—these babies will get gobbled up as soon as you put them on the plate! Serve for breakfast with one of our yummy frittata recipes or perhaps in the evening with steak, chicken or fish. We can’t wait for you to try this irresistible side dish.
Melting Potatoes Recipe
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees then peel potatoes. Cut each potato crosswise into as many 1" discs as possible. Place potatoes into a bowl of cold water until all potatoes have been peeled and cut.
- Pat potatoes dry with paper towels then place in a large mixing bowl. Add melted butter, minced thyme or rosemary, salt and garlic powder then toss to coat evenly. Transfer potatoes into a large ceramic or metal baking dish, making sure each potato lays flat and does not overlap.
- Bake 30 minutes on first side, then flip potatoes and cook an additional 15 minutes on the second side. Remove from oven, flip the potatoes once more then add the broth to the bottom of the baking dish.
- Return the potatoes to the oven for 10–15 minutes or until the potatoes are cooked all the way through and they are nice and golden brown on top.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle lightly with pepper and transfer to a serving dish. Stir pan sauce together before drizzling or spooning it over the potatoes. Serve while potatoes are still hot and crispy.