Everyone loves pizza. Our mini pizza appetizer recipe is an exceptional treat for the kids, if you’re hosting a gathering or just kickin’ it on game day.
These handheld pies can be prepared with an assortment of ingredients. Have your peeps create their own minis or put together an assortment of flavors so your best buds have options.
We love this idea because we can mow down a large pizza like nobody’s business. Mini pies satisfy the craving without the self-loathing later, ha!
Mini pizza appetizers recipe
what you'll need
- pizza dough (our favorite is einkorn pizza dough)
- Sauce (such as marinara, pizza sauce, pesto, white sauce)
- Meats (such as ground beef, sausage, pepperoni, chicken)
- Veggies (such as tomato, mushroom, onion)
- cheese (such as fresh or shredded mozzarella, Parmesan)
- Fresh or dried spices and herbs (such as oregano, basil, red pepper flakes)
let's do it
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees and place pizza stone on rack in center of oven.
- Bring pizza dough to room temperature to make it easier to work with. Make small 1-oz balls out of dough. Cover with kitchen towel until dough is room temperature and oven is hot.
- Press out each small ball of dough or use rolling pin to form small pizza crusts. Place small handful cornmeal on rimless cookie sheet and place dough on cornmeal. Shake pan to make sure dough is not sticking to pan. Repeat with more crusts. Make as many as will fit on your pizza stone.
- Add your favorite toppings to the pizzas in whatever order you like. Shake the pan once more and add more cornmeal under the pizzas if they are sticking.
- Take pizzas to hot oven and carefully slide pizzas onto hot stone. Bake 7 minutes. When done, slide pizzas back onto cookie sheet using tongs or a metal spatula.
- Serve with red pepper flakes and grated parmesan cheese at your next cocktail or Super Bowl party.
One Last Thing