Mixed Bean Salad with Homemade Dressing
This bean salad is about as easy as it gets; just pop open a few cans of beans and mix together some ingredients, and you’ve got a salad that’s good and good for you!
The best part is that you can make the bean salad ahead of time. In fact, it actually tastes even better after a day or two.
Make the vinaigrette dressing first and then set it aside as you assemble the salad. This will give the red wine vinegar plenty of time to soften the sometimes harsh flavors of onion and garlic.
You’ll love this recipe—it’s so yummy.
Mixed Bean Salad Recipe
Make this healthy bean salad a few days in advance for a yummy picnic side that everyone will love!
Yield: 6 -8 servings
- 15 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 15 oz can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 15 oz can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 Tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup feta cheese crumbles
- salt and pepper
- In a small bowl, stir together all ingredients for dressing then set it aside while you assemble the rest of the salad.
- Drain and rinse all the beans to remove any residual packing liquid. Allow the beans to drain in the colander until completely dry.
- In a large bowl, add the drained beans and red bell pepper then stir to combine. Pour dressing over the salad ingredients and stir gently to coat. Cover and allow the salad to marinate at least 1 hour or up to several days. Stir occasionally to ensure that the flavors blend well.
- Remove from the fridge, add feta cheese and chopped cilantro then stir to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper and enjoy!
Canned beans make prepping this salad so simple! Use any kind of beans that you like.
Calories: 289kcal, Carbohydrates: 50g, Protein: 17g, Fat: 5g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g, Monounsaturated Fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 7mg, Sodium: 808mg, Potassium: 498mg, Fiber: 14g, Sugar: 10g
Tried this recipe?Mention @EverydayDishes or tag #everydaydishes!