What kid isn’t fascinated when blowing bubbles? It’s easy to make your own bubble solution for pennies with just water, dishwashing liquid and corn syrup. Get a few wands from your local dollar store and your kids will be set for an afternoon of fun!
We know those little store-bought bottles don’t go a long way so we made a basic one-cup recipe to store in a Mason jar and even have a printable label for it. The recipe can easily be adjusted for larger quantities, making it perfect as a bubble refill station for birthday parties or play dates.
When it comes to choosing dishwashing liquid don’t go cheap! We tested a few and discovered that high-quality soap works best.
Although easy to make, the ingredients should be mixed together a day ahead so plan accordingly.
How to make homemade bubble solution
- ¾ cup water
- 2 Tbsp high-quality dishwashing liquid
- 2 tsp corn syrup
- bubble solution label printable
- waterproof decoupage glue
- Add water, dishwashing liquid and corn syrup together in a container. Stir gently to combine. Allow mixture to set overnight.
- Download the [url href=”http://everydaydishes.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/homemade-bubble-solution-printable-everydaydishes_com.pdf” target=”_blank” title=”Bubble solution label printable”]bubble solution label printable[/url] and open in [url href=”http://get.adobe.com/reader/” target=”_blank” title=”Adobe Reader”]Adobe Reader[/url].
- Print and cut out where indicated.
- Using a brush, apply several coats of waterproof decoupage glue to adhere the label to the front of the container.
- Have container available for kids to refill containers and provide wands.
- Cover and store in the fridge.