Moist baked buttermilk chicken
Getting complaints about chicken dinners being too dry? They’ll end forever once you’ve served our baked buttermilk chicken. It’s super easy and extra moist!
Make a marinade using low-fat buttermilk to save some calories. Add lemon juice, salt and pepper and poultry seasoning (try our homemade seasoning recipe for a more unique flavor).
Add a little hot sauce for just the right amount of “zing,” then soak chicken breasts and legs in the mixture overnight. If you haven’t thought that far ahead, prepare this portion in the morning before heading off to work or the gym.
Make sure to soak the chicken for at least three hours—long enough to absorb the moisture from the buttermilk.
As dinner hour approaches, dredge each piece of chicken into a mixture of cornflakes, Parmesan cheese, garlic powder and paprika for a tasty, crunchy coating. For easier cleanup, place chicken on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees for about 40 minutes, or until the thermometer reaches 165 degrees.
You’ll want to double or even triple the recipe because we know your gang is going to ask for seconds! This super easy, extra moist baked buttermilk chicken is sure to become a family favorite.
Moist baked buttermilk chicken recipe
- 8 4 oz chicken legs
- 4 cups lowfat buttermilk
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup hot sauce
- 1/2 tsp poultry seasoning
- 1 tsp ground pepper
- 2 tsp salt
- 5 cups cornflakes, crushed
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- Mix buttermilk, lemon juice, hot sauce, poultry seasoning, pepper and salt together in large bowl. Submerge chicken in buttermilk mixture and soak for at least 3 hours (or overnight).
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix cornflakes, parmesan cheese, garlic powder and paprika in large bowl. Dredge chicken into cornflake mixture until thoroughly coated then place chicken on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Bake 40-45 minutes or until chicken reaches internal temperature of 165 degrees.