No-Mayo Tuna Salad
Avocados have healthy fats and provide a guilt-free creamy base when mashed. Add just a hint of garlic, dill and onion to make this deliciously light recipe seasoned to perfection.
Leave the tuna in bite-sized chunks or mix til nearly smooth. Whichever way you prefer, it’s an all-in-one tuna salad that makes a great sandwich or simple snack when spread on crackers.
no-mayo tuna salad recipe
- 12 oz can white albacore tuna
- 2 Tbsp avocado, ripe, mashed, about ¼ of medium avocado
- 1 Tbsp non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp lemon juice, fresh-squeezed
- 1/4 tsp seasoned salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp dill, dried
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 3 Tbsp celery, finely chopped, about ½ stalk
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Drain tuna, squeezing as much moisture out as possible then set aside. In a medium mixing bowl, add avocado. Mash until nearly lump-free—you should have approximately 2 Tbsp of mashed avocado.
- Add yogurt, lemon juice, seasoned salt, garlic powder and dried dill. Mix until completely combined then add green onion, celery and drained tuna. Stir until combined. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cover and chill until ready to serve. Enjoy!