One Pan Chicken Alfredo
Our one pan chicken alfredo has everything you love about a hearty pasta dish without all of the post-dinner work. You can enjoy dinner the way it’s meant to be—slowly savoring every bite.
Starch from the pasta makes this alfredo perfectly creamy, which means you don’t need a ton of heavy cream or milk—it’s a bit of a lighter version.
The better quality Parmesan that you use, the better this dish will taste, so indulge if you can! And be sure to add plenty of black pepper to get the right flavor before serving.
One Pan Chicken Alfredo Recipe
Pasta and chicken alfredo is our new and tasty one pan wonder! Dig in and forget about crazy cleanup.
Yield: 8 servings
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 lbs chicken breast, or tenderloin, cut into 1" pieces
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 3 - 4 cloves garlic
- 3 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 16 oz package penne pasta, or fusilli pasta, uncooked
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 8 oz package cream cheese
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- Place a large high-sided skillet with a tight-fitting lid over medium-high heat and melt butter. Add chicken, salt and pepper and cook about 8-10 minutes until chicken is nicely browned and cooked. Remove chicken to a plate. Cover with foil to keep warm and set aside.
- Return skillet to heat and add garlic to remaining oil. If necessary, add a bit more butter and cook garlic for about 30 seconds, just to soften. Add chicken broth and pasta and bring to a boil.
- When liquid boils, reduce heat to low, cover and cook about 10-12 minutes until pasta is tender but still firm, stirring occasionally. Once pasta is cooked through, there will probably still be as much as 1 cup of liquid still in the pan, which is normal.
- Add half-and-half and cream cheese and stir until completely combined and the cream cheese is melted. Allow the sauce to come to a bubble, then remove from heat and stir in Parmesan cheese and reserved chicken.
- Replace the lid and allow dish to rest, covered, for 5 minutes to allow sauce to thicken and chicken to re-heat. Prior to serving, give pasta a stir, season to taste with salt and fresh black pepper and sprinkle with chopped parsley. If the sauce gets a bit too thick, just thin it with a touch of milk.
Counting calories? Use low-fat cream cheese!
Calories: 527kcal, Carbohydrates: 37g, Protein: 39g, Fat: 24g, Saturated Fat: 13g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g, Monounsaturated Fat: 6g, Cholesterol: 122mg, Sodium: 1040mg, Potassium: 197mg, Fiber: 2g, Sugar: 1g
Tried this recipe?Mention @EverydayDishes or tag #everydaydishes!