We love chicken as much as the next guy, although we’ve discovered it’s easy to fall into a ‘chicken rut,’ preparing the same recipe every week. Mix up your evening meal and set your family’s taste buds ablaze with this one-pan Greek chicken thighs recipe.
Make sure you prep this dish in an oven-proof pot. The instructions call for you to start on the stove top and then move to the oven to finish the meal. The fewer dishes at the end of the night, the better!
This recipe calls for chicken thighs because we love the flavor and the tenderness of the meat. If you prefer chicken breasts, feel free to swap them out.
Compliment this meal by serving an appetizer of pillow-y pita bread and roasted red pepper hummus—it’s a perfect accompaniment to our one-pan Greek chicken!
One-Pan Greek Chicken
what you'll need
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 8 bone-in skin-on chicken thighs
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 8 garlic cloves
- 1 large onion diced
- 1 cup artichoke hearts roughly chopped
- 1 cup green beans cut into 2" pieces
- 1 lemon thinly sliced
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 Tbsp dried oregano
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup mixed Greek olives
- 1/4 cup feta crumbles for garnish
let's do it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large, oven-proof skillet heat olive oil until shimmering. Season chicken thighs on both sides with salt and pepper then add to skillet skin side down. Brown chicken skin about 4 minutes. Flip thighs over and add 4 whole garlic cloves. Let cook about 2 minutes until garlic begins to brown. Turn garlic to prevent burning. Remove thighs and garlic to a plate and set aside. Repeat with remaining thighs and garlic.
- Pour fat from pan then add 1 tablespoon fat back to pan. Add onion and cook until softened, about 3–4 minutes. Add artichoke hearts, green beans, lemon slices and oregano and cook another 3 minutes. Pour chicken broth into pan and scrape up any brown bits. Nestle chicken thighs and garlic back into pan along with the Greek olives and add juice of second lemon to pan. Transfer to oven and cook 50–55 minutes until chicken is cooked through.
- Crumble feta cheese over the dish and take entire pan to the table. Serve solo or with rice or pasta.