Grilled Guinness Chicken
Tired of fixing the same chicken recipes over and over?
They may be family favorites, but aren’t you ready to try something new?
Our oven-roasted Guinness chicken recipe combines the rich flavor of this famous stout Irish beer with several spices and soy sauce to create an extra moist poultry dish that’s sure to become popular.
The nice thing is that you prepare it a day in advance and it’s super easy to do.
Rub the inside of a whole chicken with salt, prepare the marinade, and add everything to a medium roasting pan!
Cover with foil and let it stand overnight in the fridge.
You’ll have plenty of time to relax the next day, run the kids around or head to the gym!
When you’re ready, pop it in the oven to bake.
Complete the meal with a side dish or two and wait for the rave reviews!
Grilled Guinness Chicken Recipe
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp rosemary, chopped
- 1 Tbsp parsley, chopped
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 Tbsp salt, divided
- 10 oz bottle Guinness beer
- 5 lb whole chicken
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- Combine garlic, rosemary, parsley, soy sauce, pepper and 1½ tsp of salt in mixing bowl. Stir in Guinness and set aside.
- Rub remaining salt in cavity of chicken and slide 2 rosemary sprigs under the skin above the breast. Tie chicken legs together with twine and place chicken in medium roasting pan, breast side up.
- Pour marinade over chicken and cover with foil and refrigerate overnight, rotating if possible.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and bake chicken covered 1 hour, then remove foil and baste.
- Continue baking for an addition 30 to 60 minutes or until temperature reaches 165 degrees (test temperature in meatiest part of the leg, avoiding the bone).