When the weather starts to turn cold and all you can do is think of a warm drink, our cinnamon spiced hot toddy cocktail will do the trick.
Made with cinnamon tea and your favorite brand of spiced rum, this cold-weather cocktail will feel toasty in your hands and spark a welcome rise in your body temperature.
Hot toddies are typically made from liquor and water with sugar and spices, served hot. Using a tea bag to create our spiced hot toddy recipe is a time-saving trick to serve this cocktail in a group or after a long day.
Sir Robert Bruce Lockhart, a British journalist, author, secret agent, and diplomat once said, “As a cure for the cold, take your toddy to bed, put one bowler hat at the foot, and drink until you see two.” Salud!
Cinnamon Spiced Hot Toddy Recipe
what you'll need
let's do it
- Bring water to a boil. Add tea bags and let steep 2 minutes.
- Heat cream until bubbles start to form.
- Pour tea into individual cups then pour in heavy cream or half-and-half and stir in spiced rum.
- Mix cinnamon and sugar together in small bowl then add to the drink.
- Top with whipped cream and enjoy!