Peanut Caramel Corn
If you like the taste of a peanut and caramel candy bar, then you’re going to love our peanut caramel corn recipe! A home run for peanut lovers, this snack is the perfect balance of salty and sweet.
Substitute peanuts for your favorite nuts like cashews or almonds if you like. You can even add chocolate candies or chocolate chips.
We made this recipe in a Dutch oven because it was hard to find a bowl that fit all the popcorn! The directions are easy and it can be made in no time at all.
Peanut Caramel Corn Recipe
If you like the taste of a peanut and caramel candy bar, then you’re going to love this peanut caramel corn recipe! It's sweet and salty.
Yield: 16 cups
- 2 bags microwave popcorn, plain, lightly salted, un-popped kernels removed
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup corn syrup
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup peanuts, roasted, salted
- Pop both bags of popcorn according to package directions. Empty popcorn into very large mixing bowl, remove un-popped kernels then set aside.
- Heat butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, corn syrup and salt in saucepan over medium heat. When mixture boils, set timer and continue boiling for 4½ minutes. Remove from heat; add vanilla and baking soda then stir to combine completely (mixture will bubble up).
- Immediately pour caramel over popcorn and mix to coat popcorn evenly and add peanuts while caramel is still hot and sticky. Pour popcorn onto a baking sheet lined with wax paper, let cool.
- Break into pieces and enjoy!
Break peanut butter cups and Heath bears into tiny pieces and add to this caramel corn for an extra decadent treat. Yum!
Calories: 151kcal, Carbohydrates: 22g, Protein: 1g, Fat: 7g, Saturated Fat: 4g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.3g, Monounsaturated Fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 15mg, Sodium: 162mg, Potassium: 4mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 14g
Tried this recipe?Mention @EverydayDishes or tag #everydaydishes!
Microwave popcorn is sooooo bad for us! Lots of reasons….just do a search.
I’d like to know the volumn of popcorn used in this recipe. Two bags??? How much is that??
I pop my own corn and would like to use this recipe but refuse to use microwaved popcorn.