If you like the taste of a peanut and caramel candy bar, then you’re going to love our peanut caramel corn recipe! A home run for peanut lovers, this snack is the perfect balance of salty and sweet.
Substitute peanuts for your favorite nuts like cashews or almonds if you like. You can even add chocolate candies or chocolate chips.
We made this recipe in a Dutch oven because it was hard to find a bowl that fit all the popcorn! The directions are easy and it can be made in no time at all.
Peanut Caramel Corn Recipe
what you'll need
- 2 bags microwave popcorn plain, lightly salted, un-popped kernels removed
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup corn syrup
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup peanuts roasted, salted
let's do it
- Pop both bags of popcorn according to package directions. Empty popcorn into very large mixing bowl, remove un-popped kernels then set aside.
- Heat butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, corn syrup and salt in saucepan over medium heat. When mixture boils, set timer and continue boiling for 4½ minutes. Remove from heat; add vanilla and baking soda then stir to combine completely (mixture will bubble up).
- Immediately pour caramel over popcorn and mix to coat popcorn evenly and add peanuts while caramel is still hot and sticky. Pour popcorn onto a baking sheet lined with wax paper, let cool.
- Break into pieces and enjoy!