Say ‘aloha’ to pineapple grilled chicken for a meal that’s quick, easy and full of island flavors. Grill your poultry over indirect heat so your chicken will be moist and tender yet full of flavor with every bite.
Blend the sweetness of pineapple juice, a touch of salt from soy sauce and a little garlic and ginger for a delicious marinade. This dish is easy to prepare up to 4 hours ahead of time. This is one time you’ll want to check the clock. Marinating the chicken any longer will result in a mealy texture from the acidity of the pineapple juice.
Pineapple Grilled Chicken Recipe
what you'll need
- 3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- small pineapple sliced, grilled then diced (optional garnish)
let's do it
- In a small bowl, mix together all ingredients for marinade and pour into a gallon-sized resealable bag.
- Trim chicken breasts and add to marinade. Seal and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or up to 4 hours.
- Preheat grill to medium-high then turn off burners on one side of grill. If using charcoal, move all of the coals to one side of the grill. Oil the grates that are not directly over the flame or coals below.
- Remove chicken breasts from marinade and place on oiled section of grill. Cook over indirect heat for approximately 3–4 minutes per side or until internal temperature registers 165 degrees in the thickest part of the breast.
- Remove chicken from grill and allow it to rest 5 minutes before serving. Garnish with grilled pineapple, if desired.