Puff Pastry Pizza Pockets
Kids (and moms) will love this no-mess twist on a traditional pizza. We call them puff pastry pizza pockets! Yum!
Puff Pastry Pizza Pockets Recipe
Super easy to make, this stuffed puff pastry pizza pockets recipe keeps the messy sauce safely tucked inside.
Yield: 6 -8 servings
- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed per package instructions
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp water
- 1/4 cup marinara sauce
- 1 lb salami, sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 Tbsp green onions, chopped
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded, 4 oz
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Beat egg and water in small bowl with fork or whisk, set aside.
- Unfold pastry sheet on lightly floured surface. Roll pastry sheet into 16" x 12" rectangle, short side facing you.
- Spread thin layer of sauce on pastry. Layer salami and basil on bottom half of pastry to within 1" of edge. Sprinkle with cheese, oregano and onions.
- Starting at short side, roll up like jellyroll. Place seam-side down onto baking sheet, tuck ends under to seal. Brush entire pizza puff with egg mixture.
- Bake 25 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Remove from baking sheet, let cool on wire rack (about 10 minutes).
Is there anything you can't make with a puff pastry?
Calories: 427kcal, Carbohydrates: 20g, Protein: 20g, Fat: 30g, Saturated Fat: 14g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g, Monounsaturated Fat: 8g, Cholesterol: 93mg, Sodium: 1104mg, Potassium: 225mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 2g
Tried this recipe?Mention @EverydayDishes or tag #everydaydishes!