Fingerling and Sweet Potatoes
A quick sauté in a cast iron pot gives this roasted fingerling and sweet potatoes recipe a crispy kick.
Are you wondering what the difference is between a yam and a sweet potato? Here’s a chart to help you figure out if you’re eating a yam or sweet potato!
Roasted Fingerling and Sweet Potatoes Recipe
- 6 - 8 red and white fingerling potatoes, scrubbed and quartered lengthwise
- 1 - 2 small sweet potatoes, scrubbed, halved and quartered lengthwise
- extra virgin olive oil
- coarse sea salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup chives, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place potatoes and sweet potatoes in a large cast-iron skillet, season well with salt and pepper and drizzle generously with olive oil. Stir to coat evenly.
- Sauté on medium-high heat for 10 minutes, stirring often to evenly crisp potatoes and yams.
- Transfer skillet to oven. Bake about 35 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove when fork-tender and golden brown. Top with chives.
- Serve directly from baking dish or transfer to platter. Enjoy!