Rocky Road Fudge
Smooth chocolatey fudge, fluffy marshmallows and happy walnut explosions make this Rocky Road Fudge full of all kinds of y-u-m!
You can have the most delicious, full-bodied rocky road fudge ready to eat in no time at all! This easy recipe requires just 10 minutes of simple preparation and one hour to set—then you’re ready to nibble until your heart’s content!
We used chocolate melting wafers in this recipe because they melt quickly and evenly. This means there’s very little heat needed to bring this fudge recipe together, thus allowing the components to set more quickly than its traditional counterparts.
Once the fudge sets completely, slice and serve to all of your salivating new best friends!
This post may include links to purchase items from our affiliates.
Rocky Road Fudge Recipe Tips:
- While classic rocky road calls for walnuts, we are willing to bet peanuts, almonds or cashews would be an amazing substitute to complement your own taste.
- Love dark chocolate? You could easily incorporate some here. Do about 1/2 milk chocolate, 1/2 dark chocolate so this treat doesn’t become too bitter.
- This is a great dessert for holiday gifting. Wrap it up in cute cellophane baggies to give to all your coworkers, neighbors, and teachers!
Rocky Road Fudge Recipe
- Line an 8" square baking dish with parchment paper, coat with cooking spray then set aside.
- Pour the entire can of sweetened condensed milk into a large microwave-safe bowl then add the butter and salt. Microwave on high for 1 full minute, just long enough to heat the milk and melt the butter.
- Stir in vanilla and the entire bag of chocolate wafers—we used the minis because they melt so much faster, but it may need an extra 10 seconds in the microwave to get them all the way melted. Once the chocolate has melted completely, immediately fold in the marshmallows and walnuts then spread into prepared dish.
- Let fudge cool to room temperature until firmly set, then slice and serve. Enjoy!