Need a complete dinner that’s easy to make with only one dish to clean? Our Santa Fe baked chicken and a medley of vegetables can be oven-ready in just 15 minutes.
This flavorful meal has everything you’d expect to find when you hear the name ‘Santa Fe.’ Chicken sprinkled with taco seasoning bakes atop a bed of black beans, corn and cilantro to give it a truly southwestern flair.
One nice thing about this recipe is that you get to control the spice level. Pile on the chilies and hot sauce to give it real heat or tone it down with a mild salsa and just a little bit of seasoning.
Santa Fe Baked Chicken Recipe
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper
- 4 tsp taco seasoning
- 1 15 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups corn kernels, fresh, frozen or canned
- 1 1/2 cups salsa, fresh, drained of excess liquid
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped, plus extra for garnish
- 1 cup Mexican cheese blend, shredded
- 1 4 oz can green chilies, chopped, (mild, medium or hot)
- sour cream, dollop for serving
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and spray a 9" x 13" casserole dish with cooking spray. Trim chicken breasts and pat dry with paper towels. Season both sides with salt and pepper then sprinkle with taco seasoning.
- Add black beans, corn kernels, salsa and cilantro into casserole dish and mix until evenly combined. Place seasoned chicken breasts on top of veggies and cover dish with aluminum foil.
- Bake 35-40 minutes until chicken is cooked through then remove from oven and discard aluminum foil. Spoon green chilies over chicken and top with shredded cheese. Return to oven uncovered to melt cheese—approximately 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven, top with reserved chopped cilantro and serve chicken with veggie medley spooned over the top or on the side. Enjoy!
A package of four Mexican cheeses blended perfectly for melting comes already shredded—just another time-saver!