Have some picky eaters at home? Introduce them to our roasted cauliflower recipe and they’ll be asking for more! It’s crispy and crunchy on the outside and soft and tender inside—perfect for a side dish or snack.
Although cauliflower has a mild taste it’s still a vegetable, and we all know what kids think about vegetables. So, we coated ours with garlic butter, Asiago cheese and breadcrumbs to give it a flavor they’d be sure to love.
Asiago is a hard Italian cheese that can actually have different flavors according to how long it’s been aged. Fresh Asiago is smooth, mild and just a bit fruity while older cheese is more crumbly and sharper—the perfect complement for this veggie.
Roasted Cauliflower with Asiago Recipe
what you'll need
let's do it
- Place a rack in the lower third of oven and preheat to 450 degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray lightly with cooking spray.
- Stir the melted butter, garlic powder, salt and pepper in a large mixing bowl then add the cauliflower florets. Toss until each floret is completely coated with butter and spices then set aside.
- Mix Asiago cheese and breadcrumbs together in a separate bowl. Add 5 or 6 buttered florets into Parmesan/breadcrumb mixture and coat each one completely—try to obtain as much breading as possible on the cauliflower. Literally cake the breading onto the florets for the best flavor.
- Arrange cauliflower on prepared baking sheet and repeat until all florets have been breaded. Space them on the baking sheet evenly but as far apart as possible.
- Spritz top of cauliflower lightly with cooking spray then bake 16–18 minutes until golden brown on outside and cooked to desired tenderness inside. Remove from oven and cool slightly before serving. Enjoy!