Low-Carb Spaghetti Squash Lasagna
Cut the prep time and the carbs with this super tasty spaghetti squash lasagna recipe.
Substitutions are easy with this dish—if you’re not a fan of ricotta simply swap it out with large-curd cottage cheese. You can also use ground turkey instead of beef for milder flavor. Ground turkey is not always leaner than ground beef, so be sure to compare the labels while shopping.
Low-Carb Spaghetti Squash Lasagna Recipe
This spaghetti squash lasagna recipe is a delicious, low-carb alternative to regular lasagna and not to mention it's super tasty and delicious!
Yield: 4 -6 servings
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 1 lb ground sirloin
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, diced small
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 14.5 oz can tomatoes, crushed
- 8 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 Tbsp parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 1/2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 Tbsp parsley, chopped, fresh or dried
- Prepare squash according to recipe but do not cut the ends off. Cover the "spaghetti" and set aside. Keep the skins.
- Set a large skillet over medium-high heat and brown the ground beef with onion, garlic, salt and pepper. When beef is cooked through, drain fat then return to medium-high heat.
- Stir in the crushed tomatoes, tomato sauce, parsley, 1 tsp dried basil and oregano. Bring mixture to boil then immediately reduce the heat to low and let simmer for 45 minutes or until thickened.
- Set the oven to broil then move rack to 12" from the top of the oven.
- Divide ricotta cheese evenly between 2 squash halves then spread into an even layer inside of each. Sprinkle 1 tsp of dried basil on top of the ricotta then spoon half of the sauce mixture into each squash. Top squash lasagna halves with mozzarella cheese then sprinkle with parsley.
- Place squash in oven until the cheese melts—or a bit longer to brown the cheese!
If you’re short on time, just combine your favorite canned marinara sauce and ground beef and take it from there!
Calories: 606kcal, Carbohydrates: 31g, Protein: 42g, Fat: 37g, Saturated Fat: 12g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g, Monounsaturated Fat: 5g, Cholesterol: 75mg, Sodium: 1311mg, Potassium: 800mg, Fiber: 6g, Sugar: 14g
Tried this recipe?Mention @EverydayDishes or tag #everydaydishes!