This cocktail meatballs recipe will be your go-to party staple once you realize how easy they are to make and how delicious they taste!
This recipe is all about ease. It gives you the bandwidth to attend to more important things, like your party clothes, vacuuming the living room or walking the dog. You get the drift!
Achieve ultimate success when you first combine the wet ingredients then breadcrumbs last. This will keep the meatballs from becoming too dense. Perfecto!
Cocktail Meatballs Recipe
what you'll need
let's do it
- Place rack in center of oven then preheat to 400 degrees. Meanwhile, lightly coat baking sheet with non-stick spray then set aside. Place ground beef into a large mixing bowl, add onion then set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together milk, eggs, bouillon, pepper and Worcestershire sauce until the eggs are well beaten and the bouillon has dissolved. Pour the liquid mixture over the beef then mix until combined.
- Add breadcrumbs into the beef mixture then mix until they are evenly distributed and the mixture is thick.
- Roll the meat into golf ball-sized meatballs, place onto prepared baking sheet then bake 18–20 minutes until nicely browned. For uniform balls you can use a medium cookie scoop or 2 Tbsp per meatball.
- While the meatballs bake, combine chili sauce, cranberry sauce, minced garlic and crushed red pepper into a large skillet, stirring until combined. Cook on low heat then let sauce begin heating.
- Remove meatballs from oven then transfer them to the pan, leaving behind any fat that has accumulated. Stir to coat the meatballs in the sauce then let them simmer in sauce for at least 1 hour before serving.
- If you are serving these at a party, transfer to a slow cooker and set to low for an hour. Let your guests help themselves. Enjoy!