The best part about our recipe for homemade creamed corn? Everything happens in the slow cooker! It’s a really simple recipe and you can use the corn in a number of yummy ways.
Use it in corn chowder, tortilla soup, casserole, cornbread or even make corn fritters with it…the possibilities are endless. It’s a really versatile ingredient and delicious all on its own, too!
Creamed corn is the perfect side dish for everyday meals or big and important celebrations. It’s a total crowd-pleaser.
This is one of the easiest recipes you’ll find. All you have to do is put the ingredients into a slow cooker and then keep yourself busy with something else for four to six hours. There’s nothing to it.
Slow Cooker Creamed Corn Recipe
what you'll need
- 2 lbs corn kernels frozen
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 8 oz cream cheese cut into 1" cubes
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter cubed
- 1 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 3/4 tsp salt more to taste
- pepper to taste
let's do it
- Add corn and evaporated milk into slow cooker and distribute the butter and cream cheese pieces across the top of the corn.
- Cook on low for 5–6 hours or high for 2–3 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Add sugar, garlic powder and salt and stir to combine. Taste and season with pepper and additional salt if necessary.
- Remove about 1 cup of corn mixture and place in a blender or food processor and puree until smooth. Add corn puree back into the slow cooker, stir to combine and serve.