Slow Cooker Sausage and Potatoes
Need some inspiration for an easy weeknight meal? Our slow cooker sausage and potatoes recipe is comfort food made easy! The recipe is delicious, easy to make and there’s no messy cleanup.
We love to throw our favorite winter ingredients into a pot and let them wallow in their juices all day long. That’s exactly what we did with smoked sausage, Yukon gold potatoes, onions, peppers and seasonings.
When you’re ready to serve, dish up the sausage and potatoes into individual bowls and spoon the broth on top. Serve and enjoy with a craft beer or a juice box. Delish!
Slow Cooker Sausage and Potatoes Recipe
- 1 12 oz package smoked sausage, cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 lbs Yukon Gold potatoes, or red bliss potatoes, 8 small, peeled or unpeeled
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp basil
- 3 tsp fresh thyme, sprigs, or 1/2 tsp dried
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup white wine, optional
- Scrub potatoes well and cut into 2" pieces. Place potatoes into slow cooker and add garlic, sliced onions and bell peppers. Season with salt, oregano, basil and thyme. Add chicken broth and wine (if not using wine, replace with ¼ cup additional chicken broth). Stir ingredients to distribute seasonings.
- Add smoked sausage to top of vegetables. Cover and cook 4 hours (high) or 8 hours (low) then turn off heat.
- Dish potatoes and sausage into individual bowls and spoon broth over sausage and vegetables. Serve and enjoy!