Want something other than traditional pumpkin pie? Make a spiced rum pumpkin cheesecake instead!
Our rum pumpkin cheesecake with maple cream is super tasty, and better yet, it’s easy to make! Ditch all the scary, preconceived notions of making cheesecake—you’re going to look like an Iron Chef after you whip up this recipe for your loved ones without breaking a sweat.
This cheesecake is thick, rich, delicious and the perfect way to end a brilliant Thanksgiving meal.
Rum Pumpkin Cheesecake Recipe
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 32 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 15 oz can pumpkin purée
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 2 Tbsp spiced rum
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 Tbsp pure maple syrup
- To make the crust, mix graham cracker crumbs, butter, cinnamon and brown sugar together. Press mixture into bottom of 10" springform pan
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- To make the filling, beat cream cheese using mixer with whip attachment until fluffy and no lumps remain. Add sugar gradually while mixer is on low speed. Incorporate eggs one at a time, scraping sides of bowl often. Sift in flour and spices, mix well. Add pumpkin purée and rum then beat until smooth. Pour filling into prepared crust.
- Bake 30-40 minutes until edges are set and center is slightly wobbly (cake will become firmer after cooling; the middle should not be firm).
- While the cheesecake is baking, mix up the topping. Whisk sour cream, sugar and maple syrup together until smooth. Spread evenly over top of cheesecake. and return cheesecake to oven for 8 minutes. Cool completely before unmolding.
Even people who don’t love pumpkin pie will request second servings of our rum pumpkin cheesecake with maple cream recipe!