Spicy Roasted Cauliflower
Fresh, vegan and delicious, our spicy roasted cauliflower recipe can have as much or as little zip as you desire.
We incorporated ancho chili powder, which is a mild version of regular chili powder, so you can enjoy a little spice without needing to have the fire department on speed dial. In addition, this recipe calls for garlic powder instead of minced garlic, which will infuse the garlic flavor you love into these veggies without burning in the oven—score!
Throughout the roasting process, the cauliflower flavor will intensify and achieve a caramelized and crispy texture—not like boring old steamed veggies! This dish is quick, savory and easy, just the way you like it.
Spicy Roasted Cauliflower Recipe
Enjoy your vegetables like never before with this delicious, spicy roasted cauliflower recipe—you’re in charge of the temperature and the crispiness!
Yield: 4 -6 servings
- 1 large head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp chili powder, or ancho chili powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper, optional
- Place rack in center of oven then preheat to 400 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper then coat with cooking spray.
- Wash cauliflower florets under cool water then set aside in a colander to drain excess water. Transfer dry florets to a large bowl then drizzle with olive oil. Toss to coat each floret evenly with the oil.
- Sprinkle garlic powder, chili powder, salt, pepper and paprika over the florets, tossing frequently to distribute the seasoning evenly.
- Place seasoned cauliflower on prepared baking sheet then bake anywhere from 15–25 minutes depending on the size of your florets and desired tenderness. Remove from oven then serve immediately. Enjoy!
I prefer my cauliflower crispy on the outside and smooth on the inside—so if you’re like me, let these guys roast for the full 25 minutes!
Calories: 135kcal, Carbohydrates: 9g, Protein: 3g, Fat: 11g, Saturated Fat: 2g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g, Monounsaturated Fat: 8g, Sodium: 346mg, Potassium: 516mg, Fiber: 4g, Sugar: 4g
Tried this recipe?Mention @EverydayDishes or tag #everydaydishes!