Light, bright and perfect for those lazy summer days, strawberry spinach salad is a time-honored favorite. The added zip of our lemon ginger vinaigrette is a unique flavor that you’ll devour. Thankfully, the leftover yummy dressing will keep in your fridge for up to a week!
When serving this salad to guests, we recommend reserving the blue cheese topping on the side as an optional ingredient. Blue cheese is one of those love it or hate it things, you know?
And here’s a little expert tip to help minimize waste: spray measuring cups and spoons with nonstick cooking spray before you measure out the honey. This helps the sticky texture slide right off and it slashes cleanup time.
strawberry spinach salad recipe
- 3 Tbsp honey
- 3/4 cup lemon juice, about 5 lemons
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 pinch white pepper
- 6 oz bag baby spinach
- 1 cup strawberries, sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1 oz blue cheese crumbles, or goat cheese crumbles
- Whisk honey and lemon juice together until the honey is completely dissolved. Slowly drizzle in the olive oil while whisking constantly. Once the olive oil has been incorporated add the ginger, salt and pepper and whisk to combine. Adjust seasonings to taste.
- Add the spinach and sliced strawberries to a large bowl. Drizzle with just enough dressing to lightly coat the leaves and toss. Scatter sliced almonds and cheese crumbles over the top and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Salads like this one go perfectly with a chilled white wine like Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.