Seriously, who wants to stare blankly into the fridge at the end of a hectic day? Our sweet garlic glazed chicken promises to deliver a quick-to-table, easy-to-prep and yummy-to-eat weeknight dinner.
Chicken is a mainstay for some very good reasons. It boasts lean and healthy protein, is inexpensive and appeals to almost everyone. But let’s be honest. Haven’t some of your tried-and-true chicken recipes been feeling a little…boring?
Get out of your rut by making this super-simple, slightly different approach to chicken. You will begin by mixing four pantry staples to form a paste to slather on your chicken breasts. The combination of smoky brown sugar with warm and spicy garlic creates a sweet and crunchy bite that leaves you wanting more.
The key to success for this dish is an instant meat thermometer. Chicken should be cooked to an internal temperature of 165 degrees. In this recipe, you’ll remove the chicken at 160 and allow it to rest for five minutes.
During this short timeout, the chicken will continue to cook, eventually reaching the magic 165. This process is called carryover cooking and has the added benefit of giving the juices a chance to redistribute through the meat. (Say bye-bye to dry, overcooked chicken!)
Using the thermometer also means you don’t have to cut into the chicken to test for doneness (an unreliable method at best). Any time you cut into extremely hot chicken, that precious moisture and flavor will run out onto the plate.
If you think the prep is quick, sweet garlic-glazed chicken has an even faster and easier cleanup. Just line your baking sheet or casserole dish with aluminum foil and coat with non-stick cooking spray. You’ll be on out for an after-dinner walk in no time.
Sweet Garlic Glazed Chicken Recipe
what you'll need
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts of equal size
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp garlic minced
- 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
let's do it
- Preheat oven 475 degrees. Line baking sheet or casserole dish with aluminum foil then coat with cooking spray.
- Season both sides of each chicken breast with salt and pepper and place on baking sheet smooth side up.
- Mix remaining 4 ingredients into a thick paste and coat each chicken breast entirely with an equal amount of paste.
- Bake until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees (10−15 minutes depending on thickness).
- Remove from oven and allow to sit uncovered 5 minutes. Serve and enjoy!