Whole Roasted Cauliflower
Whole roasted cauliflower is done in a snap with little effort, but tastes like you’ve put all the care in the world into making it and it looks amazing! All you have to do is brush with olive oil and pop it in the oven.
We used a medium-sized head of organic cauliflower instead of the soccer ball-sized ones you find in some stores. Cauliflower that is too large may scorch during roasting and won’t cook all the way through. So, in this case, two small or medium-sized heads are better than one!
Just season the cauliflower evenly on top and bottom before you cook; it may need a dash of salt on the inside, too, once you serve.
Whole Roasted Cauliflower Recipe
This whole roasted cauliflower is so easy to make. Just 10 minutes of prep and the oven does the rest of the work.
Yield: 6 servings
- 1 head cauliflower, medium-sized
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- kosher salt
- 2 Tbsp Parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9" pie dish with cooking spray.
- Trim the leaves and stems from the underside of the cauliflower and cut the bottom stem even with the florets so that the cauliflower sits flat.
- Stir together the olive oil and garlic. Begin by brushing the bottom side of the cauliflower with the garlic oil. Season the underside and up inside the cauliflower head with salt. Turn the head over and brush the top liberally with the garlic oil. Season the head with salt and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and red pepper flakes.
- Place the cauliflower into the prepared pie dish and bake for 50–60 minutes or until the center of the cauliflower is tender when pierced with a knife and the exterior is golden brown.
- Slice into wedges and serve nice and hot. Enjoy!
If you don’t have fresh garlic, substitute with 1 tsp of garlic powder.
Calories: 92kcal, Carbohydrates: 6g, Protein: 3g, Fat: 8g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g, Monounsaturated Fat: 5g, Cholesterol: 1mg, Sodium: 104mg, Potassium: 295mg, Fiber: 2g, Sugar: 2g
Tried this recipe?Mention @EverydayDishes or tag #everydaydishes!