We’re currently all about zucchini noodles. What a fabulous way to enjoy some of your favorite meals minus all the carb-tastic guilt! Our zucchini caprese salad recipe is only the beginning.
You’re just six ingredients away from being crowned the potluck king or queen. The zoodles are a conversation starter but the wow-factor packed into this backyard BBQ stunner can’t be beat. We used 3 cups of cherry tomatoes and 1 cup of fresh mozzarella, however you can finesse the ratio to suit your palette.
You will need a spiralizer to make zuke noodles; however, they’re easy to find and inexpensive to boot. Once you get the party started, you’ll want to use your new tool for every meal!
Zucchini noodle caprese salad recipe
- 3 cups cherry tomatoes
- 5 medium zucchinis
- 1 cup small fresh mozzarella balls
- 1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4–5 Basil leaves, for garnish
- Rinse cherry tomatoes and slice into halves. Using a spiralizer with the smallest blades, make zucchini noodles. Place tomatoes and ‘noodles’ in large bowl and cover with mozzarella balls. If small balls are not available, cut a large mozzarella ball into smaller chunks.
- Drizzle vinegar over salad and toss. Check for seasoning then transfer to serving bowl or individual plates and garnish with sliced basil leaves.
We kept the seasonings simple, but don’t be afraid to experiment with a little oregano or add heat with red pepper flakes.