A custom DIY cupcake stamp isn’t difficult to make, especially when we’ve got such a cute template for you. Just heat up an iron to transfer the design to foam and the rest is easy!
We used cork as the backing for the stamp but if you don’t have any on hand, choose something similar that’s easy to grasp.
This craft’s a bit messy so be careful not to get paint on the sides of the rubber stamp. To get really crisp impressions, lift the stamp straight up after pressing it onto the apron.
Kids can do this project with some supervision—just encourage them to take their time.
This post includes links to purchase items you’ll need from our affiliates.
How to make DIY cupcake stamps
DIY Cupcake Stamp Apron Instructions
- Download the DIY cupcake stamp template and open in Adobe Reader.
- Print out template then place face down onto the foam. Heat iron on medium setting then place on the paper for just a few seconds to transfer the ink to the foam.
- Cut out the stamp using a precision knife. You’ll have two different stamps—one for the icing and one for the bottom portion of the cupcake.
- Peel off the backing and adhere it onto the cork.
- Squeeze a small amount of fabric paint onto scrap paper, roll the paint roller in it then roll it onto the stamp. Give it an even coat of paint that’s not too thick.
- Once coated, press the stamp onto the apron and lift off to remove. Repeat to make a pattern of your choice.