Now that the “Sex in the City” craze has cooled, you’re probably left with a cabinet full of martini glasses just collecting dust.
So this holiday season, why not whip (or should we say whisk) up a delicious eggnog martini?
eggnog martini recipe
- 1 cup bourbon
- 2 Tbsp simple syrup
- 1/2 Tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups milk
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg, cinnamon optional
- stick cinnamon, for garnish, optional
- martini glasses
- Beat eggs, simple syrup and salt and slowly add milk. Whisk ingredients until smooth. Pour contents into saucepan over low to medium heat and stir until thick. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Strain mixture through sieve and stir in vanilla and bourbon. Cover and refrigerate.
- Once cool, mix in cream and salt and whip until frothy.
- Pour into martini glasses. Sprinkle nutmeg and add cinnamon stick for garnish. Serve chilled.
A bite-size donut turns this eggnog martini drink into a real treat!