Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. While we wish we could eat naughty, delicious meals every morning, sometimes you have to figure out a nice, hearty meal that’s satisfying and healthy.
Our garden veggie egg bake is a fabulous compromise! Juicy Roma tomatoes, thinly sliced zukes, vitamin-packed spinach and freshly grated Parmesan cheese come together with fluffy eggs to make a great meal.
We also incorporated ricotta for a nice boost of unique flavor. Your tummy will thank us. If you’d like to incorporate this meal into a brunch or light lunch, serve with a nice salad or soup on the side. It’s elegant and fun.
Garden Veggie Egg Bake
- 12 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 medium zucchini, quartered and thinly sliced
- 1 cup Roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 10 oz box chopped spinach, defrosted and well drained
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9" square casserole dish with cooking spray. In a large mixing bowl beat the eggs, ricotta, Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper and Italian seasoning until completely combined.
- Stir in sliced zucchini, diced tomatoes and well-drained spinach. When combined, transfer to prepared baking dish and bake for 1 hour or until the center is set and the casserole has browned slightly. Remove from oven and let cool on a rack for 10 minutes then slice and serve.
Use a larger pan for a shorter cook time, but a thinner casserole!