Start your day ahead of the game with our easy-to-make matcha green tea smoothie recipe! This drink is loaded with vitamins, minerals and antioxidants that are essential to your diet. When you consume them first thing in the morning, you don’t have to spend the entire day worrying about getting your greens!
If you’re wondering what matcha is, exactly, let us at Everyday Dishes tell you. Matcha is a finely ground powder that uses the entire green tea leaf, which means none of the nutrients are wasted. You can easily find matcha powder at Asian or health food stores or here.
Bump up the protein and flavor in this recipe with a scoop of vanilla protein powder. This green smoothie is a sweet-tasting pick-me-up and power drink all in one!
This post includes links to purchase items you’ll need from our affiliates.
Matcha Green Tea Smoothie Recipe
- 1 cup coconut water
- 1 1/2 cups coconut milk
- 1 cup spinach leaves
- 1/2 lime, unpeeled and cut into quarters
- 1 1/2 cups ice, crushed
- 1 1/2 tsp green matcha powder
- 1 Tbsp ground flax seed, optional
- stevia, or honey, to taste
- To a blender add the following ingredients (in this order): coconut water, coconut milk, spinach, lime (peel and all) and ice. Pulse slowly at first then blend slowly until chunks of ice and veggies have begun to break down.
- Add matcha powder and ground flax seed then slowly bring mixer to high speed and purée until completely smooth. Check for sweetness, add stevia or honey to taste or even add more lime if desired.
You’ll be so shocked at how really yummy this green smoothie is!