Try a skinny coconut mojito cocktail at your next gathering. This recipe has the original flavor you expect out of your favorite beverage without all of the sugar!
Traditionally, a mojito consists of five ingredients: white rum, sugar cane juice, lime juice, sparkling water and mint. In the spirit of watching our waistline, we’ve implemented a few creative twists on the classic recipe.
We combined coconut rum with lots of fresh mint, plenty of lime juice and club soda. We opted out of the lemon-lime soda because it’s loaded with sugar and empty calories. We also replaced granulated sugar with a natural sweetener.
Now you can sit back and unwind with a refreshing and guilt-free skinny coconut mojito cocktail. Just make sure to tell all your friends!
Skinny Coconut Mojito Recipe
- 12 sprigs fresh mint
- 2 tsp natural sweetener, like stevia
- 8 oz lime juice, about 6-8 limes
- 1 1/2 cups coconut rum
- 4 cups ice
- 1 cup club soda
- 1 wedges lime, sliced, for garnish
- Add mint, natural sweetener and lime juice to a mixing pitcher and muddle gently with a spoon. Stir in rum until sugar dissolves.
- Add 4 cups of ice then stir in club soda.
- Divide among 6 ice-filled glasses and garnish with lime slices and mint.
- Top with additional rum or club soda according to taste. Cheers!
Gently muddling (or bruising) the mint leaves helps release the flavor.