This deconstructed peach pie dessert comes together in 15 minutes when you use store-bough whipped cream and pre-made pie crust. But you can easily make this caramelized peach pie parfait from scratch, too, if you feel so inclined.
Fruit is a great way to add a healthy ingredient into a dessert and still achieve the sweetness you crave. When peaches are in season, this is a delicious yet affordable dessert.
A quick tip for peeling a fresh peach is to score an ‘X’ into the bottom of the peach with a knife and drop it into boiling water for 20 seconds. Transfer the peach to an ice-water-bath to stop the cooking process and then, use a paring knife, easily peel the skin away from the peach. It’s a cinch!
Caramelized Peach Pie Parfait Recipe
- 8 peaches, peeled and diced (or frozen peach slices)
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3 cups whipped cream, dairy or dairy-free
- 1 pie crust, baked according to directions and crumbled
- Cook peaches in sugar, butter and cinnamon in skillet on medium-high heat for 5 minutes or until tender.
- Remove from heat and cool in pan.
- Layer ingredients in serving dishes in this order: peaches, whipped cream, pie crust, whipped cream and peaches.
- Add a dollop of whipped cream on top.
- Sprinkle with pie crust crumbles.
To create a new depth of flavor, add a splash of brandy or rum to the peaches while cooking.