It’s easy to buy BBQ sauce at the store, but it’s even easier to make it fresh at home! this super simple tangy BBQ sauce recipe is so tasty, you’ll never buy pre-made sauce again.
The ingredients couldn’t be easier to find at the market. In fact, you probably already have most of these ingredients in your kitchen. Round up the spices and make sure you have enough ketchup—we’re makin’ BBQ sauce!
The sauce will stay fresh in the refrigerator for about two weeks from the date you made it, or up to a month in the freezer.
Need a host gift or a fun favor? Whip up this homemade BBQ sauce recipe and add it to a fun jar with a handwritten label. Your friends will love the thought and the product!
Tangy BBQ Sauce Recipe
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup tomato paste
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp molasses
- 1 tsp ground mustard
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup water
- Add all ingredients to a medium saucepan and whisk until completely combined.
- Heat until bubbling over medium heat, immediately reduce heat to low. Simmer for 20−25 minutes, stirring frequently then remove from heat.
- Allow to cool then enjoy!
Want to make a spicy version? Add cayenne pepper and a few dashes of Tabasco sauce! Delish!