This paleo chicken salad recipe is our go-to recipe for a quick and easy meal! The combination of chicken, celery, red onion, grapes, apples, and crunchy almonds creates an addicting yet healthy filling. Plus, we have included a healthy dressing so you can enjoy this with no guilt! Serve this chicken salad with lettuce cups, paleo bread, or enjoy it on its own.
Make this recipe ahead of time and store it in an airtight container in the fridge for meal prep when you have a busy week ahead of you. This chicken salad is completely customizable so you’re able to use what you have on hand, saving you time and a trip to the store! All that saved time definitely makes this a win-win in our book. (That and the fact that it is downright delicious.)
Try a few of our other favorite Chicken Salad recipes here.
This post may include links to purchase items you’ll need from our affiliates.
Paleo Chicken Salad Recipe Tips:
- If you’re feeling adventurous, try adding paprika, cumin, turmeric, or even red pepper flakes to the dressing.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3-4 days.
- Serve with paleo crackers for an added meal component.
Paleo Chicken Salad Recipe
what you'll need
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken (about 2 chicken breasts)
- 2 celery stalks
- 1/2 apple diced (we used honeycrisp)
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup grapes halved
- 1 cup unsweetened dairy-free yogurt (we used Kite Hill)
- 1.5 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1.5 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- Butter lettuce
- green onions optional
let's do it
- In a large bowl combine all of the chicken salad ingredients. Mix to combine.
- In a separate bowl, mix together all of the dressing ingredients.
- Pour the dressing over the chicken salad mixture and toss until everything is coated.
- Cover and place in the fridge for at least an hour to chill.
- To serve, place ½ cup of the chicken salad in a butter lettuce leaf and sprinkle with green onion if desired.