DIY decorative door stop
Paint up some holiday cheer with this simple crafting project that turns any brick or paver into an adorable penguin. We used a keystone concrete paver from the local home supply store, but you can use any old brick you’ve got lying around.
decorative door stop instructions
- brick or concrete paver
- black and white paint
- yellow card stock
- googly eyes
- large pipe cleaner
- crafting pom-poms
- felt strip
- craft glue
- Start by painting entire front side of paver or brick white.
- Let it dry, then paint the rest black to create penguin coloring. Set aside to dry.
- Trim card stock into a triangle shape for beak and glue it and googly eyes to the penguin’s ‘face’.
- Glue pom-poms to both ends of pipe cleaner to create ear muffs and let dry.
- Bend pipe cleaner ear muffs into a semi-circle, attach with glue to both sides of penguin head.
- Trim felt into long, rectangular strip (wrap around brick/paver first to check sizing).
- Make 3 short snips on both ends for fringe, then tie fabric around penguin’s neck and secure with glue.
I love a craft that’s functional and playful!