Felt Play Food
Put your little chef to work without the messy cleanup! Felt play food is not just fun—it’s soft to the touch and stimulates both motor skills and imagination!
Whether it’s doughnuts and eggs for breakfast or pizza and BLTs for lunch, kids will have a great time making whatever’s on the menu. Get started with our templates then add any food you like by cutting out its shapes.
We used hot glue to seal edges and hold toppings in place, making it a quick and easy craft for ages 3 and up. But if you’re concerned about safety issues, you can take a little more time and sew the felt pieces together using a blanket stitch.
This post includes links to purchase items you’ll need from our affiliates.
How to make felt play food
How to Make Felt Play Food
- felt play food template
- full felt sheets (red, green, black, tan, yellow, magenta, pink, white)
- hot glue gun
- [url href=”http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000YZ7G44/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B000YZ7G44&linkCode=as2&tag=chery01-20&linkId=ITPENUWVJTEEFKMV” target=”_blank” title=”Polyfill Stuffing”]poly-fil stuffing[/url]
- Download the [url href=”https://everydaydishes.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/diy-felt-play-food-printable-everydaydishes_com.pdf” target=”_blank” title=”Felt play food printable”]felt play food template[/url] and open in [url href=”http://get.adobe.com/reader/otherversions/” target=”_blank” title=”Adobe Reader”]Adobe Reader[/url].
- Print and cut out where indicated, noting fold lines on slices of watermelon and pizza. Place each template on appropriate color felt and trace shapes using pencil. Cut out shape using scissors.
- Match pieces together for each type of food and apply glue along all but one seam and press to adhere. Be sure to leave the ends for the watermelon rind and pizza crust open.
- Fill food with polyfill, fold where indicated on the watermelon rind and pizza crust then adhere with glue. Glue any toppings for food in place and your play food is ready!
Felt play food travels well, whether on a trip or just to another room—lightweight, soft and unbreakable! Due to the small pieces, this craft is for children 3 years and up.
Can I use your food template to make Svg files? So I can cut the food out of felt with my circut maker? I would give you credit and anyone else as well I would choose. I am asking for permission to use your template to make I may want to make this for a family member or friend..
Please email me at [email protected]